Enhance Your Android Experience With Nova Launcher
One of the things I love about Android is the freedom and flexibility it gives you in customizing your experience. One such area that you can experiment with is launchers.
The launcher is the part of the operating system responsible for the main view of the phone, and for launching apps and presenting live widgets. If you are looking for a certain type of feature or different kind of functionality that is not present in the vanilla Android build, there are a variety of launchers available in the Google Play store for you to experiment with.
Nova Launcher is one of the most popular options and it has just been updated with even more customization options and performance enhancements.
If you’re running Android 4.0 or greater on your device, Nova Launcher can add additional functionality to your Android experience, including:
- A scrollable dock
- Desktop grid modification
- Enabling of infinite scroll for your desktop
- Smaller icon sizes in the dock
- Scroll effects for your desktop and app drawer, including Cube and Cardstack
- Custom Folder icons
- Gestures for Nova Actions or apps from the desktop (paid)
- Categorization of your apps into custom tabs/folders within the app drawer (paid)